MARRAKECH PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOPS
Are you traveling to Morocco and interested in Marrakech photography workshops within an arabic urban context? No matter what your experience in photography, if you are looking for a place to shoot photos outside of your comfort zone, consider joining one of my upcoming Marrakech photography workshops.
THE MARRAKECH PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOPS INCLUDES
ABOUT MARRAKECH PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOPS
Welcome to my Marrakech Photography Workshops. During three days we will walk together through the streets of the Souk (a kind of market maze) where we will be able to take photos of locals practising almost every kind of crafts (wood, iron, wool, ceramics, tannery etc…). We will also explore one of the most famous square in the world, that is Jamaa El Fna where a mixture of music, charmers snakes, smokes and ligths are all combined together to create a majestic atmosphere. Finally, we will comtemplate through our lense the magnificient architecture that can be found at every corner and streets of the city as gates, porches, windows and mosaics are so well designed.
WHO IS THIS WORKSHOP FOR?
The Marrakech Photography Workshops are ideal for beginners, intermediate and professional Photographers.
These workshops are suited to the knowledge and interest of the person. If you are a beginner in photography, you will learn the basics of how to use your camera with Iso, shutter speed and aperture. If you are a professional or have already experience in street Photography, you will be delighted to know how to capture the daily life of the Souk and Medina of Marrakech.
WHAT YOU WILL / CAN LEARN:
- The best locations to photograph iconic buildings and landmarks.
- The best way to photograph people in an Arabic context.
- Photography basics (if needed, for beginners).
- Street photography tips, tricks, and techniques.
- Some tricks to approach and capture close-up street portraits.
- Camera settings and zone focusing techniques.
- Capturing gesture, expression, and emotion and telling stories with your images.
- And, of course, what we will learn will be tailored to your skill level, what you want to see, and what you want to learn!
MY NEXTS MARRAKECH PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOPS
WORKSHOP TIME AND TUITION
This workshop lasts 3 days and 2 nights. The hotel where we will be staying is "Riad Al Rimal", located near Jemaa el Fnaa square. The price for the 2 nights at the hotel is 90 euros for a shared room (2 people) and 110 euros for a single room. If the hotel is booked up we will be staying in another similar hotel.
From Marrakech airport to Jemaa el Fnaa Square you can:
- use the city bus that runs every 30 minutes, the cost is about 3 euros.
- go by "petit taxi" (small taxi), the cost is about 10 euros.
- If the group is at least made of 3 people and you arrive at the same time at the airport we can book a transport for 20 euros.
TIME: Friday night (3pm-9pm) | Saturday 8am-9pm| Sunday (8am-6pm)*
* days and times can be flexible on request
Remember: meals, airport transfers and accommodation are NOT INCLUDED in the price of the workshop!
My trip to Morocco was memorable and simply picture perfect thanks to Fernando! I signed up for his private photography walking tours in both Fez and Marrakech and my photos turned out amazing. Not only did he teach me about using my new Canon 6D, he taught me about interacting with locals so I can land that perfect portrait each time. He's got a fantastic eye for light and architecture as well. When most people get lost in the souks, Fernando knew his way around and knew all of the great places to find interesting subjects. He was knowledgable about culture, customs and he speaks both French and Arabic fluently. I'm forever grateful for Fernando's kindness and hospitality. He made himself available to me throughout my stay in Morocco in case I had any questions or concerns. His photography expertise goes without saying. My photos are proof he can teach anyone to be great."